Prepare Text-Based Questions across Sources (100 points) using the following
• Read page 102 from the Mississippi ELA Curriculum Guide (available at
meworks/ELA/2016-MS-CCRS-ELA.pdf and copied into Canvas.
• Go to https://www.sunsigns.org/famousbirthdays/d/profile/ruby-bridges/ and study the
information about Ruby Bridges.
• Go to http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/ruby-bridges/ruby-bridges-for-kids.htm and
study the three sections on Ruby Bridges.
• Pay particular attention to the images as well as the text.
• Write 4 text-dependent questions pertaining to the life of Ruby Bridges. Each question
will be scored according to this checklist:
The standard measured is copied and bolded prior to the question stem.
The question assesses understanding of the designated standard.
The question requires analysis of the text.
The question requires text evidence in the response.
A sample student response is provided.