Deliverable 7 – Proposal for Implementation
- Break down the business analytics service and elaborate on the roles necessary for enterprise-level support.
- Build key performance indicators that relate to business goals for quantitative measures of success
- Examine how a data warehouse is created and used to support reporting and dashboarding
- Analyze how Big Data and data collection from external sources can present opportunities for business intelligence.
- Develop examples of ethical and privacy concerns associated with data supporting business intelligence efforts
- Support proper formulation of decision-making criteria using Business Intelligence assets.
You have recently changed jobs, and have left your previous role working in the hospitality and tourism industry, and have taken a position with HealthyCo–a primary health insurance provider–in hopes of advancing your career. During your first week on the job, you have received a reasonably comprehensive orientation to the new environment and have a preliminary understanding of the organization.
HealthyCo is currently supporting over 10 million members across the United States, all of whom have clinical data related to their health within the organization’s tools. One such tool is a complex web portal allowing users to log in and access medical records, treatment history, select a doctor, find a hospital, submit medical claims receipts, and much more. A mobile app has also been released that allows for remote access to these systems and incentive trackers for fitness programs, wellness programs for pregnant mothers, dietary advice, and access to a 24/7 emergency nurse service for support over the phone.
Your boss has tasked you with explaining the current mobile app and web portal to a group of board members and upper management by providing a high-level assessment of how business intelligence practices could be employed for the online portion of the business it can relate to clinical systems. As you are still new, the request is not to focus on specifics but more on opportunities at a high level, such as at a system-to-system level.
The questions they are presenting you with include:
- How can business intelligence practices improve our member’s experience? What can we do with this information?
- What recommendations do you have for changes or additions to our current system structure?
- Is there a need for a full business intelligence team in our organization, or can we work within our current employee base and add duties to those who are qualified?
Create a proposal to the board and management and include the following:
- Determine the business analytics service(s) needed and elaborate on the roles necessary to support the member’s experience.
- Describe key performance indicators needed to support business goals for quantitative measures of success.
- Examine how a data warehouse could be used to support reporting and dashboarding efforts.
- Analyze Big Data and data collection opportunities for business intelligence.
- Discuss how the organization could support ethical and privacy concerns associated with data collection.
- Apply the DIKW triangle to support the use of business intelligence assets to the board.
- Be sure the document displays proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and references cited in APA format.